CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Splendor “Happy For You” Card


Splendor card

     As you know, I usually don’t make or blog about cards, but there were several challenges I wanted to jump in this week.  Mojo Monday provided the sketch, Heart2Heart gave us the “April showers bring May flowers” theme, and the Play Date Cafe chose the colors.  Coincidentally enough, Close to My Heart makes a paper pack with lots of flowers based on the blues and greens- moonstruck, sky blue, and topiary.  So this card was actually pretty easy to put together, not a lot of thought required.  I did have to squirm just a little when I decided my handwriting is (still) crap, and I had to cover it with the bracket thingy at the top.  Is there a name for the shape that looks like a rectangle, but each side is a bracket?

    Two nights ago, a CTMH sister and flower guru, Michele Auten, taught us how to make these 3-D flowers at our team get-together.  Of course, now I have to put them on everything.  The fleece flower pillows had a good run, we’re set for a couple birthday parties, and now I’m back to paper flowers.  I just might have to tackle the flower box on Michele’s blog. 

Thank God for spring!  (And that fact that I’m not prone to allergies.) 

14 comments:

Unknown

A-thanks for the link!
B-now I don't stand a chance in the H2H challange...I love that card! It is fab!

Lisa Stenz

Super duper cute card! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H. *Ü*

Traci Pasqualone

Fabulous card Cori!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans

Lovely card, very effective flower. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Pay Date Cafe, Travy Evans x

Lorrinda

Great card Cori! Love the flower! Thankd for joining us at H2H :)

Mary

Adorable card and I love the flower! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

Corina

This is one ADORABLE card! I love every inch of it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H! Can't wait to see what you come up for next week. :)

Fiona

Great card Cori :) Thanks for joining in the fun over at the Play Date Cafe this week !

Karen Day

Great job combining 3 of my fave challenges! Thanks for playing along at H2H this week :o)

Jinny Newlin

Gorgeous, dimensional flower, Cori! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross

What a delightful project! Fun way to work the colors :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn

OH! You should share more cards--this one is SOOOO fab;) Love that 3D flower! Beautiful! And great combo of challenges! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Debbie Carriere

Fabulous card!! Love your flower. Thanks for playing at Heart 2 Heart!

Melinda Everitt

Love your card and the flower is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at H2H!