1. The following pics are from the Close to My Heart annual convention at the Gaylord Resort at the National Harbor. Four days of paper-crafting euphoria! ~sigh.
2. Yes, I am aware my photography stinks...I'm working on it.
So, it's tradition to give gifts to your roommates at convention, and this was mine. I totally snatched this idea from a preschool mom and I'm sorry I don't even know which. Someone gave it to the preschool teacher as an end-of-the-year gift. Appropriate, I thought. It's super easy:
1. Dollar Store! Choose your container
2. Stuff it with tissue paper or colorful paper
3. Tie a coordinating ribbon around the base
4. Set a styrofoam ball on the tissue paper
5. Use straight pins to pin chocolate minis around the ball, starting at the bottom. (Push the pin through the end of the wrapper, not the compartment holding the actual chocolate.)
6. Bunch shredded white paper (purchased at Michael's) on top for the whipped cream and stick a red tootsie pop into the center. Voila!