CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Thriller Card

This is the card my team will be making-n-taking at our Team Fancy meeting this weekend.  It’s using CTMH’s Sept. stamp-of-the-month stamp set “Thriller.”  I was absolutely stoked about the shout-out to Michael Jackson.
003
Cool lil’ tidbit:  I’m featured in the sample art for this stamp set in the new Fall/Winter 2010  idea book.  I’m the pirate on the right with my sister in the middle and my mom on the left.  Pretty cool to see your face in the catalog, even if it is snarl…

I based  Thriller on the card below that  my friend Amy posted on her blog.  She’s a wicked awesome artist and would love for you to stop by. 
VSJuleeBDay2010_aks

Thriller card supplies:
6x12” white cardstock
Thriller stamp set- CTMH D1442
6x4” Lagoon cardstock
6x2” striped B&T paper from Hooligan paper pack
black ink
black embossing powder
embossing ink pad
Black grosgrain ribbon
distresser and sponge
5 x 1 1/4” Pear cardstock
5x2” Haha B&T paper from Hooligan
3” purple swirly B&T paper from Hooligan
3 1/4” circle black cardstock
white paper for stamping
3D foam squares to pop up the skull
Licorice opaques
black stickles optional

Notes:
1.  You can pretty much follow the sketch t0 piece together the card, but I will say this- distress the pieces, THEN ink them.  CTMH cardstock has a white core, so we want to turn it black with ink AFTER distressing.
2.  You’ll actually be embossing the skull image twice, once for the purple background, and once to cut out the skull and pop it up.
If you have any questions, leave me a comment!  : )

0 comments: